Alot of High School Football tonight...College tomorrow and the NFL on Sunday...so I have somthing that is tried to tie the game of football you could use with Church on Sunday. You may want to "Hand this off' to your Pastor...
· Quarterback Sneak - Church members quietly leaving during the invitation.
· Draw Play - What many children do with the bulletin during worship.
· Halftime - The period between Sunday School and worship when many choose to leave
· Benchwarmer - Those who do not sing, pray, work, or apparently do anything but sit.
· Backfield-in-Motion - Making a trip to the back (restroom or water fountain) during the service.
· Staying in the Pocket - What happens to a lot of money that should be given to the Lord's work.
· Two-minute Warning - The point at which you realize the sermon is almost over and begin to gather up your children and belongings.
· Instant Replay - The preacher loses his notes and falls back on last week's illustrations.
· Sudden Death - What happens to the attention span of the congregation if the preacher goes "overtime".
· Trap - You're called on to pray and are asleep.
· End Run - Getting out of church quick, without speaking to any guest or fellow member.
· Flex Defense - The ability to allow absolutely nothing said during the sermon to affect your life.
· Halfback Option - The decision of 50% of the congregation not to return for the evening service.
· Blitz - The rush for the restaurants following the closing prayer.